Tuesday, October 30, 2007

BLOG

I was recently browsing my classmates’ blogs about our design intelligence class.

First I read Brandon’s blog. He wrote about the design of common everyday objects in his dorm room. This relates to the book we read earlier, The Design of Everyday Things. It is interesting that after studying design in class, we so readily analyze our possessions.

I then read Naufal’s blog. He discussed the design of new products and technological advances. He mentions the iPhone, which I don’t really know much about and it was interesting to read his analysis. Naufal also wrote about the design of a camera, which was the subject of my design analysis paper.

Finally I read Laura’s blog because it was another obscure connection to the design world similar to my post about marketing. Laura wrote about merchandising. I have learned a little about merchandising while studying marketing. In DECA, I competed in the Apparel and Accessories Event which has a merchandizing aspect. Design is necessary in merchandising to persuade the customer.

No comments: